John Gregory-Smith ON Mar 03, 2009 AT 5:34 pm
Our regular food columnist John Gregory-Smith founder of The Mighty Spice Company (www.mightyspice.com) gives us another mouth watering recipe.
Linguini with Prawns, Chilli and Garlic
This is such a tasty pasta dish and is perfect for anyone who is training. The pasta provides an excellent source of energy and the prawns are high in protein and low in fat.
•2 packets raw peeled king prawns (360g)
•1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
•2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
•Large handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
•Juice of half a lemon
•1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes in a large pan of boiling salted water, until al dente, reserving some of the cooking water.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the chilli and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring continuously.
3. Add the prawns and lemon juice, mix well and cook until the prawns have turned bright pink.
4. Mix the pasta, a tablespoon of the cooking water and parsley with the prawns and season to taste.
5. Serve the pasta with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a grating of fresh parmesan cheese.