Strong summer rays and kids’ delicate skin are never a good mix. No matter how much you slather the little ones with full spectrum high factor sunscreen, what with all the running around, splashing about in the water, sandcastle building and general summer fun, there’s always the worry of burning. Which is why we got to looking at the UV protective swimwear range from Platypus Australia.
The line offers peace of mind to girls and boys, ages 2 -1 4 years, and as you can see from this pic of gorgeous 3 year old Daisy, who is sporting the girls sunskirt all-in-one swimsuit. As you can see, she was super comfy in her new swimwear. The fabric is so soft and the skirt detailing, so cute.
Platypus have given us some scary but valuable facts any parent should be aware of:
– 90% off all skin cancer can be attributed to the sun
– Less than one third of US children are adequately protected against the sun
– Most people receive 50-80% of their lifetime exposure by the age of 18.
– Most skin cancer appears in adulthood, yet most of the damage occurs in childhood.
– Just one bad blistering sunburn during childhood can double the risk of skin cancer later in life.
– UV rays bounces off sand, snow, concrete and water – and the reflecting rays can cause skin damage.
– A white cotton T-shirt blocks out only about 5% of the rays, and even less when wet.
Full feature available here.