John Gregory-Smith ON Jul 21, 2009 AT 1:13 pm
Our regular food columnist John Gregory-Smith founder of The Mighty Spice Company (www.mightyspice.com) gives us another healthy recipe.
Spicy Chilli and Garlic Chicken Wrap
• 4 boneless chicken thighs
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 red chilli, de-seeded and roughly chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
• Juice of a lemon
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Little gem lettuce, finely sliced
• 2 large tortilla wraps
• 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1. Crush the garlic and chilli into a paste using a little salt in a pestle and mortar. Add the cumin, smoked paprika, lemon juice and olive oil and mix into a paste.
2. In a bowl mix the chicken and the spice paste so all the chicken is evenly coated. Cover and marinade in the fridge for an hour or overnight if you have the time.
3. Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Rub a little oil on the marinated chicken and griddle for 5-6 minutes each side until golden and cooked through Alternatively do exactly the same on a hot BBQ. Once cooked slice into strips
4. Heat the tortillas in the microwave, following pack instructions.
5. Divide the chicken and serve on a tortilla with a mound of lettuce and a couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
Try adding some finely chopped mint to the yogurt for a really fresh taste.